THOMASELLI’S TOP FIVE
The collective musings, off-the-wall thoughts, and just generally eclectic thoughts that come out of Rich’s head every day.
5. SEAN KEENAN, Millbrook HS football coach — Coach says by his math, even if the Blazers end up in a three-way tie for the league title his team should be one of the two teams in the playoffs based on point differential, one of the tiebreakers. Let’s hope so since Keenan, uh, is a math teacher at Van Wyck.
4. KANSAS CITY ROYALS — I mean, c’mon. You don’t have to have partisan feelings to appreciate this. I’m a Yankees a fan and even I would love to see the Royals win the World Series.
3. STANDARDIZED TESTING — Millions of high school kids around the country taking the PSATs today. But correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t the SAT chaning next year, making this year’s PSAT a moot point??
2. TOM O’HARE, John Jay HS football coach — After the marquee games all showed up in the first part of the schedule, O’Hare has done a great job of keeping the preseason No. 1 Patriots focused — and winning.
1. HIGHLAND vs. MARLBORO — Friday Night Lights, division title on the line … does it get any better?