|WELCOME TO HUDSON VALLEY SPORTS REPORT!|
|TUESDAY, AUGUST 16|
|* MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL *|
|New York-Penn League All-Star Game, at Dutchess Stadium, 7 p.m.|
The collective musings, off-the-wall thoughts, and just generally eclectic thoughts that come out of Rich’s head every day.
SATURDAY, APRIL 9
5) GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS – This whole pursuit of the NBA record for wins in a season is riveting, but I’ll be honest – I hope they only tie that great ’96 Chicago Bulls team at 72. Because, and apologies in advance, there’s no way this Warriors team with Curry, Thompson and Green is beating Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman.
4) KETCHAM BASEBALL – Forgot to mention it the other day, but we journalists are always looking for storylines and back-stories. Ketcham’s three-run triple with two-out in the top of the seventh the other day to tie Lakeland at 11-11, propelling the Indians to a 15-13 extra-inning win, is the kind of game you look back on at the end of the season when your team is winning section and regional titles.
3) MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL – Welcome back! #NYY #NYM #CHC In that order of favoritism.
2) ALLY MULLER – Heck of a Saturday afternoon for the John Jay High School pitcher, throwing a no-no and going 5-for-5 in a win over Lourdes. Bet even Ally herself said she shares the credit with …
1) OLIVIA FLEMMIG – Can’t have a no-hitter, or any well-pitched game, without a pretty great catcher behind the dish calling the game, setting up hitters, stealing a strike here and there. Well done.