THOMASELLI’S TOP FIVE
5. E STREET BAND – Bruce Springsteen’s in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and, finally, a little recognition for the band that’s been behind him for almost 40 years.
4. SHAMELESS – While everybody was talking about the beginning of Game of Thrones (yawn), the season finale of Shameless was fabulous and heartbreaking all at once. Now, bring on Mad Men on Sunday.
3. THAT SOMETHING SPECIAL – Yeah, it’s early but there’s quite a few high school teams out there that have that ‘something special’ aura about them so far, including Ketcham baseball, Marlboro baseball, Millbrook boys and girls lacrosse, Arlington tennis and Kingston baseball, among them.
2. JOHN JAY SOFTBALL – The situation sucks, no doubt about it. But with head coach Bonnie Schilling sidelined by being placed on administrative leave, the Patriots have split their first two games and have held themselves to a high standard in dealing with a tough situation.
1. KORY HUTCHINS, Rhinebeck baseball – Hey, what can you say about the kid? He was so confident in his ability – and respects the time-honored traditions of the game – that he told his teammates earlier this year that if he was ever in the midst of a no-hitter to stay away and not talk to him during the game. They stayed away on Thursday, they didn’t talk, and Hutchins got his no-no.