|WELCOME TO HUDSON VALLEY SPORTS REPORT!|
|MONDAY, MARCH 2|
|* HIGH SCHOOLS *|
|HS GIRLS BASKETBALL: SECTION ONE, CLASS AA CHAMPIONSHIP — No. 1 Ossining 78, No. 3 Lourdes 61|
|HS BOYS BASKETBALL: SECTION NINE, CLASS AA QUARTERFINALS — No. 1 Middletown 73, No. 8 Newburgh 48|
|HS BOYS BASKETBALL: SECTION NINE, CLASS AA QUARTERFINALS — No. 5 Roosevelt 71, No. 4 John S. Burke 65|
|* COLLEGES *|
|No events scheduled|
|* NEW YORK PRO SPORTS *|
|NBA: Brooklyn 110, Golden State 108|
|NHL: Nashville at New York Rangers, 7 p.m.|
The collective musings, off-the-wall thoughts, and just generally eclectic thoughts that come out of Rich’s head every day.
5) ROOSEVELT GIRLS BASKETBALL – Helluva hot streak the Presidents are on these days, including Thursday night’s win over state-ranked Wallkill. That FDR-Kingston-Newburgh-Monroe battle in Section Nine, Class AA tourney is going to be fun to watch.
4) MARIST WOMEN’S BASKETBALL – I’ve known Brian Giorgis since he was my health teacher in 1978 at Our Lady of Lourdes High School, so it pains me to say that it looks an awful lot like this is the year his Red Foxes finally are de-throned as MAAC champions and won’t advance to the NCAA Tournament for the 412th straight time.
3) TRENDING – A mall shooting in Pittsburgh, Brian Williams given a six-month suspension at NBC for lying about his ‘exploits’ in Iraq many years ago, ISIS … and what’s the top story trending on my timeline? Kim Kardashian got a freakin’ haircut. smh
2) ARLINGTON BOYS BASKETBALL – 19 in a row now for the Admirals. Pretty darn impressive.
1) RADICAL IDEA – Would love to see NYS take its four class champions in high school boys and girls basketball and have a mini-tournament to determine an overall state champion.