Hudson Valley Sports Report
Don't Miss


Marist Men Lose Fifth In A Row

POUGHKEEPSIE – Senior captain Rebekah Hand dropped 18 points, and redshirt senior captain Alana Gilmer added a double-double, but Princeton pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 62-50 decision over Marist College on Saturday evening at McCann Arena.

It was the second straight loss for the Red Foxes after tying a program record with five consecutive wins to start the season. The Tigers capture their third-straight victory to improve to 7-1 this season.

Both teams found scoring touches as Hand scored 10 points in the first quarter, giving Marist a 16-15 advantage after 10 minutes. However, Princeton took a 28-26 lead into halftime after Carlie Littlefield and Julia Cunningham combined for 11 of the team’s 13 points in the second stanza.

In the third quarter, both teams adjusted defensively, leading to just a 5-25 shooting effort between both teams. The Tigers came out with a 15-2 to begin the fourth, highlighted by seven points from Littlefield, to gain their largest lead of the game at 52-37. Gilmer trimmed the deficit to 55-43 with 2:33 to play, but Princeton kept Marist out of reach the rest of the way.

The Marist men also played on Saturday night, falling in overtime at Navy by a score of 53-51.

Braden Bell opened the scoring with a three-pointer 53 seconds into the contest, and the Red Foxes built an early 8-2 lead.

Marist hit its first four shots from the field, but then missed its next 11 as Navy tied the score at 12.

The Red Foxes broke the drought with a three-pointer by Matt Herasme, followed by a basket from Michael Cubbage. In this time, Marist held Navy scoreless for 5:23.

Navy took its first lead on a three-pointer by Jaylen Walker at the 4:20 mark. Marist answered with five straight points, but then Navy scored the final four points of the half. The score was 22-22 after 20 minutes.

Marist held Navy scoreless for a stretch of 5:09 in the second half.

With 4:26 to play, a three-pointer by Tyler Sagl gave Marist a 42-36 lead. However, the Red Foxes did not score the rest of regulation. With 15 seconds left in regulation, a three-point play by Greg Summers tied the score at 42, and the game went to overtime.

A three-point play by Cubbage gave Marist a 49-44 lead with 2:35 left in overtime.

With 1:27 left in overtime, a three-pointer by Tyler Nelson gave Navy the lead for good.

With under 30 seconds to play, Navy had two sequences where it missed two free throws, but secured offensive rebounds both times.

Cubbage had game highs in points (14) and rebounds (eight).

Please enjoy this great photo gallery of the women’s game by Todd McDonough. All images are for sale through Todd, so please reach out to him at and please find all of his tremendous work at

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *