THOMASELLI’S TOP FIVE
- Updated: September 11, 2016
The collective musings, off-the-wall thoughts, and just generally eclectic thoughts that come out of Rich’s head every day.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10
5) MARLBORO FOOTBALL – Five years without getting beat by a Section 9, Class B team until Friday’s 63-43 loss to O’Neill. That’s a hell of a run and speaks volumes about the program.
4) NINI SHER – Is the Spackenkill volleyball star this year’s version of Millbrook’s Megan Fergus, i.e., the latest area player to get a Division I offer?
3) NFL FOOTBALL – It’s back! Looking forward to seeing the Giants and the Jets every Sunday. (But, um, it still doesn’t hold a candle to college football).
2) JOHN JAY VOLLEYBALL and WALLKILL FOOTBALL – It’s tough not to have a home. The Patriots had a gym problem and haven’t played a home match yet, but they should be back in their Wiccopee confines next week; the Panthers won’t have a home football game until their new turf field is ready on Sept. 30.
1) 9/11 – Not much to say here other than to say a prayer, remember and reflect.